Re: Windows and crank pins

To: Martin_A._Secrest@neb.voa.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windows and crank pins
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:44:38 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-22 11:29:26 EDT, Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
writes:

> Surely someone must know how to do this properly.  I have a door trim pad
off
> on my GT6 -- that*s the easy part.  But I recall that the last time I had
> reassemble a
>  window crank, I just about lost my mind trying to reinsert the window
crank
> pin.
>  What is the trick for doing this?  (My mental health may depend on your
> answer...)

Martin:

I'm sure everyone has their own pet way of doing this, but I'll give you
mine.
I used two small pieces of wood, wedged between the handle and the bezel to
hold the bezel back behind the pin hole. I used a pair of small, needle nose
pliers, the kind with the long, skinny, needles, to insert the pins. After
the pins were in place, I just slipped the blocks of wood out, and let the
bezel spring back into place. A little grease doesn't hurt to help hold the
pins in place, both in the jaws of the pliers, and in the hole while you are
removing the wood blocks.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74