RE: Windows and crank pins

To: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
Subject: RE: Windows and crank pins
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 25 Sep 97 9:06:30
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>Martin - do you own a pair of forceps?<<

No, but as another lister suggested, hemostats would be ideal too.  The click
and lock
on to little things like window crank pins and veins and stuff.  My stepmother,
the RN, used to have a pair, but I don*t.  It might be worth tracking down, so
that I
don*t go twink-ish reassembling the door, and end up in the hospital myself.
But
now that I think about it, if that did happen, them maybe I could swipe a pair
of
hemostats off an operating tray...

>> Also -- what  commonly contributes to windows that are hard to crank up and
down?
==========
Probably a very heavy spring tension.  Try cutting the spring down a wind
or two to reduce the tension.<<

This is a good idea.  The problem definitely seems related to the noisy winder
spring, since
everything else is greased and seems sound.  Looking at it, though, I*m
inclined to envision the spring flying out as I attempt to take it apart,
hitting me in the teeth,
and sending me to the hospital.

Wait a minute ... that gives me an idea ...

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6  (bad-ride)