Dashboard

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dashboard
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:37:55 -0500
Hi all -

Thought I'd update the group on my dashboard saga. First, thanks to all
who helped. Joe Curry, Don Howard, Bob Danielson, Justin Wagner and
Malcom White were all pretty helpful in educating me about a solid vs
plywood/veneer dash.

I'm keeping my TRF backorder for now. I think this may be the solution.
Here's why: I looked at the Rimmers Web site and they show a dark walnut
dash for the 74 TR6. Also in my TRIUMPH TR6 book (by William Kimberly),
it show picture of an early TR6 with a light dash and a sales brochure
from 75 that showed a darker colored walnut dash. Sounds like Prestige
does a great job on the specialty stuff but based on the education from
the list, the solid dash may split. I didn't realize it was so thin.

I'm going to wait on the brochure from Prestige and a copy of the 1974
TR6 sales literature before making my final decision. With the dashboard
on backorder from TRF I doubt that it will show up any time soon :-)!!

Thanks again to all....

Marty Romagni
Painesville, Ohio
1974 TR6