Re: Dashboard

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:24:18 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Marty;

Been following your adventures in dashboard land and thought I'd rlate my
experiences. I had a badly cracked and peeling original dash in my GT6+ when
I was living in Ohio (Loudonville). I purchased a solid walnut dash from
Vicki Brit and replaced my old dash. Yes, it is quite a bit darker than the
original but it looks great and after three years of exposure to summer and
winter it is still in good shape. No cracks or splits. I this type of
application I think both the solid and plywood dashes will take a beating.
The factory probably used plywood because it was cheaper at the time.

The only thin section on my dash is where the gauges and heater controls are
mounted. All-in-all it's quite a substantial dash and was a good investment.
I imagine my dash and yours come from the same manufacturer even though they
come through different distributors. I bought mine before I learned about
TRF.

You might check VB for availability. When I ordered mine it was in stock and
arrived in three days.

Hope this helps;

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian" (formerly of Kidron, Ohio)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Winnipeg MB Canada