Re: Dashboard

To: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dashboard
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:00:54 -0800
Cc: KC3565L@sprintmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
WINDOWSEET@aol.com wrote:

> If I find a suitable laminate I would probably use medium density
> fiberboard as a substrate to minimize shrinkage and expansion from changes in
> temperature and humidity. Plywood is fine too, but it's open end grain will
> take on moisture and swell if not properly sealed.

I too thought about the delaminating effect of some grades of plywood
when used in a car (particularly a roadster).  For that reason, it is
mandatory to use at least an exterior grade plywood, or better still,
Marine Plywood.  The glues that are used in these are designed to avoid
the deterioration that sometimes happens when plywood is exposed to the
elements.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit