Re: removing the motor head

To: "rick" <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: removing the motor head
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:54:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rick,
I'd be interested in the answer too as I'm having the same problem.
There's the rope trick that has been used with some success. Nylon rope is
fed into 2 of the cylinders and then the engine is turned over with a breaker
bar and socket on the fan extension bolt.  Would the person who posted that
give the particulars again, I forget the cylinders the rope is fed into (can't
remember if it's 1 & 6 or 2 & 4). I halfheartedly tried it the other day but
the
rope was too thick.  I have some new rope and I'm itching to try.

On 01/18/98 08:27 PM rick said...
>Huh... Any tips on removing the head from the TR6's motor?
>Would a sharp blow from a 20 pound hammer help the %&#! thing???
>
>rick

Andy
'74 TR6 -- currently small pieces of metal held together with rust.