Re: removing the motor head

To: rbacon@netcom.ca
Subject: Re: removing the motor head
From: romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk (Romano Kroemer)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:00:24 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rick -

I was successful with a big hammer (don't remember how many pounds)
  and a thick piece of wood (approx. 40 cm long). Putting the piece
  of wood against the head and hammering on it, repeating it from
  several sides and positions of the head. I took me 20-30 minutes
  of intensive work. I had left the studs inside, no pre-soaking,
  no damage.

  Basically I followed the procedure of the Haynes manual.

  Do not use a metal hammer directely on the head!

Romano
'77 Spit
Oxford UK