Re: removing the motor head

To: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: removing the motor head
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:04:55 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rick,

        Removing the head can be an easy job or it can take literrally take
        days. For me, it took weeks. I tried soaking, an engine lift, the
        rope trip(you'll most likey get many responces dealing with this).What
        I had to do is to remove all 14 head bolts. Some were easy to remove.
        I went through 3 stud removers. Good luck and keep us posted. And
no, don't
        pound it.

        Jeff N.

At 08:27 PM 1/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Huh... Any tips on removing the head from the TR6's motor?
>Would a sharp blow from a 20 pound hammer help the %&#! thing???
>
>rick

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.