Re: removing the motor head

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: removing the motor head
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:38:42 +0100
Hello Rick,

I have an idea but I havenīt tryed it yet:

Take an old sparkplug,

remove all ceramics,

make an adapter to fix a grease nipple on top of it,

choose one plug hole

put the piston of this cylinder to its lower dead point (you can put a wooden
stick into the plughole and watch the stick by turning the crankshaft)

loosen the valve adjusting screws of this cylinder and make sure the valves are
both closed

fill the cylinder with thick oil or hot grease up to the top

screw your special plug in

put your greasegun to the grease-nipple and press grease into the cylinder
until
the head is loose

I think this way is much better than using a big hammer. You might loose a
piston or a connecting-rod (unlikely) in the worst case, but itīs ceaper to
replace than a destroyed cylinderhead which might already be in place.

Gerhard