Re: New lister; have a question on TR6.

To: johnw@wrq.com
Subject: Re: New lister; have a question on TR6.
From: Jody007 <Jody007@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:44:14 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<<
      What is the best way to jack up the rear end of the TR6 when you want
      both chassis rails on 'stands? I have used the jack directly on the
      differential, but I am concerned that I am putting excess strain on
      both the body of the dif., and the four "studs" that hold this item in
      place to the body. Can I continue to use the dif. to jack up the car,
      or should I move to the "one-side, then the other-side" method? >>

  I use the cross-bar under the spare tire well with a block of wood (2x4) on
the jack. On the front I use the sway bar. If your car is lowered you'll want
to do the front first.  Even if I'm working on one end I always like to have
the car high and on 4 jack stands.
                                             Jody