Re: New lister; have a question on TR6.

To: <johnw@wrq.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New lister; have a question on TR6.
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:10:41 -0500
Hello and welcome. I would echo Jacks statements. I have seen several
unrestored  solid original cars and they never had good gaps at this area.
Its probably a good way to tell if a car has been restored. If the gaps are
even then there is a good chance that somebody outside the factory tried to
even these gaps. One thing you might want to try if these gaps really bother
you is to loosen all of the rear body mounts (from the "B" posts back) and
jack up the body from the rear. Then you can try and shim the rearmost
mounts with some sort of washers and finally rebolt the body down. You might
have to loosen or maybe even remove the rear bumpers to do this and like
Jack said its going to be a lot of work fiddling with the shims and what
not. When I tried to do this on my TR6 it was like the proverbial dog
chasing its tail until I got so frustrated I had to enlist the help of
professionals. I should point out that I am doing a body off and that I had
alot of rust replacement panels that I installed and I'm sure that some of
the difficulty that I experienced was no doubt caused by the dreaded current
owner. Good luck with whatever you try,  if anything and once again welcome.
Regards Craig Bentley