Don't let it happen to you!

To: "\"'<triumphs@autox.team.net>'\" <"<triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Don't let it happen to you!
From: "Gauthier, Dave" <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:57:26 -0700
Hey folks,

I could sure use your help. I had a 71 BRG TR6 which, (after seven
years? ugh!) I finished restoring this year. I put it up for sale for a
firm $11,000, with plans to build another one. Despite driving it only
on sunny weekends, and The Club, someone stole it!

Yesterday, my insurance adjuster called and offered me a $1900
settlement. No joke.

Please reply to me (privately or to the list) if you spent more than
$10,000 on a TR6, so that I can show them that the fair market value of
a restored TR6 is not $1900. Your help could save me some attorney fees!

Thanks in advance,

Dave Gauthier

Any morals to my story?

1.      Insure your car on a stated value policy and you'll save
yourself a lot of trouble!
2.      The Club should not be your only theft deterrent.