TR3 Temp Gauge

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Temp Gauge
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:33:52 -0700
I have a TR3 that was, until recently, sitting in the PO's yard, quietly
rusting away, for 10 years or so. The temp gauge is intact, but the
protective "sleeve" around the sender tube is rusty and somewhat
brittle. Haven't been able to remove the sender from the thermo housing
as yet and, before I just clip off the sender tube, I wondered if
there's a snowball's chance that this thing will actually work without a
rebuild? I'd like to just remove it intact and find out later (MUCH
later it would appear!), but since I can't, I'm tempted to just cut it
off so I can get a socket on the sender. Tried a flare wrench, but no
go.

It this point, wire cutters and a socket wrench seem to be the logical
choice. Should I try to save it or am I wasting my time? As always, I
appreciate any advice you folks care to share...Thanks!

Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT