RE: Removing Rear Hubs

To: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: RE: Removing Rear Hubs
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:13:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: bdstinocher@sewsus.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Eric Straub wrote:

>               From:   Robert M. Lang [mailto:LANG@ISIS.mit.edu]
>               Robert M. Lang wrote:
>               What you need is the correct Churchill tool - these are very
> hard to come
>               by.
>
>               You can buy a good hub puller tool from the Triumph Sport
> Six Club (TSSC) in UK. They're not cheap though (around $130 I believe). I
> bought and used one of those to pull my hubs (67 spitfire Mk2). It has four
> holes that you put over the studs & tighten down on, then you tighten a big
> bolt in the center which pushes against a supplied bushing which pushes
> against the axle.  Worked great. You can find a link to the TSSC on the
> www.vtr.org <http://www.vtr.org>  website. They also sell other hard to find
> parts, like owner's handbooks and parts books.

This is true. However, the original message was about pulling apart an
outer hub on a TR6 or TR250 - the bolt circle for the TSSC device does
not have the requesite 4 by 4.5 inch circle holes that you need in order
to take apart outer TR6 hubs...

>               Eric.

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |