Re: Removing Rear Hubs

To: ralph.jannelli@mci2000.com, bdstinocher@sewsus.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Removing Rear Hubs
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:17:29 -0500
WOW,  that is one heck of an idea!  I've got a spare hub for my spitfire and
a spare hub for my TR's.  As a matter of fact I have 3 TR hubs that have the
splines trashed.  Guess I aught to manufacture some pullers.

Thanks for the tip.

> I made a hub puller for my Spits in a way that should work for TR's as
> well. Take an old trashed wire wheel splined adapter. Cut down to just
> below the splines have a 1/2" or so plate cut and welded in to  fill the
> hole. Have it center drilled and tapped for a large puller screw like the
> one you can get out of a $10 pitman arm puller. Bolt it on to the hub a
> screw away. Should be able to be built for much less than $130
>
> Ralph Jannelli
> '65 Spitfire MKII
> '72 Spitfire MKIV
> '80 TR8 DHC

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Now with OD!!)
1959 TR3                  TS41311L
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108