RE: Removing Rear Hubs

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>, bdstinocher@sewsus.com
Subject: RE: Removing Rear Hubs
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:44:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
                From:   Robert M. Lang [mailto:LANG@ISIS.mit.edu]
                Robert M. Lang wrote:
                What you need is the correct Churchill tool - these are very
hard to come
                by.

                You can buy a good hub puller tool from the Triumph Sport
Six Club (TSSC) in UK. They're not cheap though (around $130 I believe). I
bought and used one of those to pull my hubs (67 spitfire Mk2). It has four
holes that you put over the studs & tighten down on, then you tighten a big
bolt in the center which pushes against a supplied bushing which pushes
against the axle.  Worked great. You can find a link to the TSSC on the
www.vtr.org <http://www.vtr.org>  website. They also sell other hard to find
parts, like owner's handbooks and parts books.

                Eric.