Why do you drive Classic cars

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Why do you drive Classic cars
From: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:32:39 +0100
Because( not in any order):-

They remind me of the cars I wanted and couldn't afford in the 60's.
I can at least partly understand how to fix them, no computers to worry
about.
They have to be driven not just sat in.
They look good - not like mass produced wind tunnel cars.
Doesn't matter where ever you go people (men and women) want to look at
them and talk about them.
I love to have no roof over my head, it feels closer to nature.
They are relatively inexpensive to own and run.
Of the feeling that, after a long restoration, you almost created it.
Nostalgia for the 'good old days' and long gone teenage years.
I can attend classic rallies and be in the 'club'.
For me the TR6 was the last 'real' sports car and the Spitfire a close
2nd.

I'm addicted.

PScales wrote:

  At 12:10 PM 10/18/98 +0100, you wrote:
  >I am interested in why you all drive Triumphs or other classic cars,
  >given that they all break down, are draughty, cost lots of money to
keep
  >on the road, give an endless supply of skinned knuckles and all those

  >problems to solve.
  >Lets hear it from you all.

  Say Irwin,
          Let's here YOUR reason, first.  Before starting such a
wide-open thread as
  your question does, why not give a little of yourself?
  Peter