Re: Wooden Dashes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wooden Dashes
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 21:14:34 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
As long as we're at it, what happens if you already have an excellent
original dash that you are trying to preserve?  The (TR6) owner's manual
says:  "Wipe the facia and instrument panel with a damp cloth only.  Wax or
other polishes should not be used inside the car."

My experience tells me that a little *Old English Lemon Oil* might help
prevent the surface from drying out or cracking.  The dash is exposed to
more changes of temperature and humidity than most wood surfaces, and I'd
think that the varnish would benefit from a little oil.  Any remarks or
advice?

Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com