Re: Wooden Dashes

To: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Subject: Re: Wooden Dashes
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 16:35:09 -0400
Cc: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Tim, you might want to consider re-sawing a piece of your choosen wood to
about 1/8" thickness and laminating it to a piece of plywood. That way, you
get the strength of plywood, won't have to worry about the dash warping,
twisting or cupping -  and you won't have the drawbacks of a paper-thin piece
of veneer. At 1/8", you can sand and shape (speedo/tach holes) as necessary,
without having to worry about fragile veneer.

If you have access to a planer and a bandsaw, re-saw a piece of 4/4 stock to
about 3/16" and plane to 1/8". Then, take the leftover piece and plane it -
you'll have nearly a 1/2" piece left over for another project. Seems a shame
to just plane a 3/4" board down to 1/8", plus a big pile of shavings! Just my
.02

--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT