23 year old tires and first LBC show

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 23 year old tires and first LBC show
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 11:02:47 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'6packlist@mfasco.com'" <6packlist@mfasco.com>
I bought my TR6 in December and am quickly facing two issues. Saturday
is the British Car Show in Carrolton Ky and a friend and I are going in
our TR6's.  It is about a 40-50 mile drive (guestimate).

Issue 1 - Tires:

I have 23-year old original Michelin redlines on the car.  The tires
look good and show only very slight cracking between the treadlines.  I
have had no problems in the time I have driven the car since December.
I have asked this question before, but am I definitely asking for
trouble making this drive on those tires?

Issue 2 - Car Show:

My car is a very clean TR6 with original paint, etc.  What should I be
certain to cover as far as clean up is concerned?  Nearly all
mechanicals are factory original (including original factory exhaust)
and the replacements such as hoses, clamps, and belts are all "original
replacements (green hoses, correct clamps, etc.).  My question is how
far into the car am I going to be judged as far as dirt dust and grime
in the nooks and crannies?  I'm a newbie and don't want to miss anything
that will be obvious after my first car show if I can learn it now.

Thanks

Jack Radley