RE: Slave Cylinder placement (was: tr6 clutch low grab)

To: <CarlSereda@aol.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slave Cylinder placement (was: tr6 clutch low grab)
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:37:57 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
No, I don't think a lack of return of the master cylinder piston is the
problem.  The pedal is equally hard to push through the entire range.  It
feels like a real Triumph clutch.

One thing I think I'm going to try is to place additional washers between
the slave cylinder and the transmission flange to move the slave cylinder
closer to the clutch throw lever.  I'm thinking this might help get more
movement to disengage the clutch.

Any thoughts on how much spacing in too much spacing?  I don't want to harm
the thrust washer.

Thanks again to all who have helped.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO