RE: Slave Cylinder placement (was: tr6 clutch low grab)

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slave Cylinder placement (was: tr6 clutch low grab)
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:21:03 -1000 (HST)
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:37:57 -0600, econrad wrote:

>No, I don't think a lack of return of the master cylinder piston is the
>problem.  The pedal is equally hard to push through the entire
range.  It
>feels like a real Triumph clutch.

I've run in the top hole of the cross shaft arm for a long time
and don't think there is any ill effect.  I enlarged my pedal hole
and master fork a little and put in a bushing.  If nothing else
I can replace the bushing when it wears instead of the clevis pin
wearing through the pedal.

One thing the list has mentioned before but not in this thread is
that the plastic tube might be expanding under the hydraulic
pressure.

scott s.
.