Re: The Philosophy of Originality

To: spitlist@gte.net, 75trsix@snet.net
Subject: Re: The Philosophy of Originality
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:16:51 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
>To: Bob Danielson <75trsix@snet.net>
>CC: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: The Philosophy of Originality
>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:05:38 -0700
>
>If you won't Bob, I will!
>
>Panasport, Minilite and their replicas are not "Modern" wheels.  The
>style is period and many of the cars rolled off the showroom floor with
>these style wheels installed by the dealers.  So for all practical
>purposes the wheels should not detract from the "originality" of the
>vehicle.
>
>Now if You see a TR3 running around with 12" wide rims that stick out 2
>feet from the fenders and sport foot wide 50 series tires, that might be
>cause for alarm!  :)
>
>Joe

    Yeah, your right... Unless it looked REEEEEEEEEELLLLLLYYY cool;*)

    My personal caveat here would be the execution.

    Hell, I've seen over-restored cars that looked tarty. If whatever
    mods have been made were done with a thought to the soul of the
    car, and well executed allowing the owner a fuller enjoyment of
    is TR (read: drive it more)...I say why not? How many "restored"
    TRs languish in garages, get trailered to events and are hardly
    ever driven? Which is the worst crime? I'm not throwing stones at
    these people. I just think they miss the point of owning a car.
    They may as well collect paperweights.

    Now, where's my nomex nightie?

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)