Re: The Philosophy of Originality

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Philosophy of Originality
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:10:35 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Phillip
I am not an originalist, I like to be comfy with my cars, I have non
standard (or Triumph) foglights front and rear, a high level brake light,
I'm sure they would have fitted these if they had been thought of back then,
after all they put the lip on the roof to stick it under!! The wrong type of
o/d,  polyurethane bushes, different size tyres and a lot more fun than when
it was standard (2000 sedan). And as for "concourse"having seen a judging
decision come down to whether the slots in the screws were lined up or not
and the IMO foolish judge give it to the car that did have them lined up,
just like when it left the factory with all the screws tight not loose or
too tight just tight, I would give up Triumphs rather than concourse, and
that often stems from originality.
"Please put the steps back and I'll get down off this soap box, sorry a bit
steamed up!! And I know you didn't mention concourse, just a progression of
thought.

Graham.