Re: How many are we?

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: How many are we?
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:54:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
--- Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com> wrote:
> Ray,
>
> Don't think of membership as an expense, think of it as an investment.
> Fellow
> club members are a great resource for:
> 1) Help (many hands lighten the load)
> 2) Parts (Club members are known to buy parts cars to acquire certain
> parts.
> You might need the other parts wnd he might sell them to you cheap.)
> 3) Cars (I have bought and sold cars to and from club members with zero
> cost in marketing)
>
> Ray, the $20 you spend on membership will be recouped with the first
> purchase.
>
> Dave Massey
> Past President, St. Louis Triumph Owners Association.

Don't get me wrong Dave, I have nothing against joining, and I agree with the
points you made.  But I've sat on my hands for the past 2 months because I've
had $0 to spend on the car after taking care of bills/Christmas/birthdays/etc.
I am friends with several members of the local club ... just don't have the
budget for the club at this time, not if I want my car on the road this year

Raymond

Do You Yahoo!?