Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: Steve Nabors <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:27:34 -0700
Cc: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve,
I always used "Lubriplate" to coat the bearings when assembling an
engine.  Unlike engine oil, it is a paste and won't run off.  This is
particularly important if you are restoring a whole car and don't plan
to fire up the engine right after completing it.

If the engine sits for a while, you will end up with practically dry
bearings by the time you fire it.

Regards,
Joe

--