Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:49:27 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
I have always used STP oil treatment, undiluted, for reassembly of engine
componants like crank, shells etc. as you never know how long it will be
before running the engine. You will certainly have much more protection
whilst priming the unit prior to start up.

Selecting grease was an old idea before the advent of STP and such like, I
did however years ago find to my cost that the wrong selection of the
correct grade of  grease wrecked my engine (I believe that the melting point
was too high and it blocked the oil galleries)

Normal 20/50 oil I feel is ok if the engine will be built and installed in a
short time span.

Best of luck with your rebuild.

Adrian
TR4A CT 64306