Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:30:35 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Steve
All engines I rebuild I follow exactly the same course you intend to follow,
I would not use axle grease but if you are worried (I have NEVER had a
problem priming the pump and there shouldn't be a problem unless left for a
long time before priming) I have heard that petroleum jelly is good to use
(dissolves in the oil easily). I have no experience with the assembly lubes!

Graham.