Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:14:53 -0500
Cc: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Adrian Dix-Dyer"
>I have always used STP oil treatment, undiluted, for reassembly of engine
componants like crank, shells etc. as you never know how long it will be
before running the engine. You will certainly have much more protection
whilst priming the unit prior to start up.
<

The first engine I rebuilt (in the 70's) I used STP.  But since I
discovered this "Engine Assembly Lub" I'm sold.  It flows less than STP so
it will stay put longer but it is not so
stiff that it won't flow once the oil builds up pressure.  When I renewed
the bearings in the TR6 I even packe the (new) oil pump with it and it
built up pressure straight away!

Try it, you'll like it.

Dave