RE: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

Subject: RE: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:55:14 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Lubriplate is a brand name, they make a great many different oils and
greases under that name.  See http://www.lubriplate.com/

The 'classic' Lubriplate that I'm familiar with appeared to be a lithium
based grease, with molybdenum disulfide (and possibly graphite) added.  ISTR
the 'plate' in the name referred to Moly's ability to bind to metal
surfaces.

Randall