Re: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 23 2000 15:38:22 GMT-0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Your description of the product sounds exactly like my aforementioned
>Lubriplate!  I wonder if it's supplied by Lubriplate under the NAPA
>name???

Hi Joe,

Could be... I'll look tonight.  They are not all the same.  Some I found had
some silvery graphite material in suspension.  The NAPA stuff was creamy white
and a little transparent.  It stayed where you put it and could be "buttered"
on parts like the bearings, camshaft and lifters.  Great for packing the oil
pump.  I got an immediate prime buy cranking the engine minus the sparkplugs
with the starter.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html