RE: switched Fan -- more than you wanted to know?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: switched Fan -- more than you wanted to know?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:52:24 EDT
It was previously written:

<< In the old Model T, this effect was the way it was for cooling. There was no
fan. The radiator was "supposed to be" big enough to allow for the engine to
be entirely thermosiphon cooled. >>

And Ford, ever the innovator, was still using this principle as late as the
early 1950s in England in the Ford Anglia and Prefect. Years ago I enjoyed
several drives in my now-ex-brother-in-law's 1950 Prefect, which also featured
vacuum wipers (but with a TRICO[?] reserve tank just like the one on the 1968
Ford LTD headlight door system!) and, I think, the same sort of transverse leaf
spring suspension front and rear as most all American Fords through 1948. Oh,
and a three-speed gearbox almost as useful as the three-speed gearbox in the
Mayflower. :-)

--Andy Mace