RE: switched Fan -- more than you wanted to know?

To: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Subject: RE: switched Fan -- more than you wanted to know?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:28:38 -0500
Cc: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Jeff Johnson
>Also, GM had a cooling problem with a recent Corvette engine and Lo, out
comes the reverse-flow thermosiphon effect- the only way they could get
these motors to behave w/o overheating.  Now, my Triumph has never
overheated- unless I have failed to check the coolant level. :)  Gee, is
older better, as far as I'm concerned.
<

My TR8 had a boil-over problem on my trip to Portland last year.  Each time
I stopped I lost about a pint of coolant.  But this only happened at
elevations above 5,000 ft (1 500 meters).  It turned out to be a faulty
radiator cap.  I doubt allowing my fans to continue to run would have
helped, however.

It is better to fix a problem than to mask it.

Dave