Re: TR3 wire wheel questions

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: TR3 wire wheel questions
From: GreenBugeye@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:38:34 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/17/01 4:21:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:

> > The problem with the spare is that the outer end of the hub of
> > the wheel hits
> > the top of the opening of the spare compartment.
>
> That may be part of the problem, I believe the wire wheels have to go in the
> spare tire well with the hub facing downwards.  The bottom of the well is
> shaped to receive the hub end, while the top is more-or-less flat.
>
> Randall
> 59 TR3A daily driver

I tryed to get the spare in there every which way, but had the same problem.
The more I hear from listers, the more I think I just have a non-standard
size.  When the snow goes away for good, I'll get it out and have a closer
look!

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
59 TR3A