Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:23:46 -0700
Hey Randall, do you expect us to believe that your TR3 is your daily
transportation ?  I personally think that SB800 (as its written now) isn't
all bad, as the main complaint about the current law is that it allows folks
to use any old piece of pre-1974 crap that can move under its own power as
daily transportation.  The original intent of the exemption was to preserve
the classic cars by not (effectively) legislating them off the road. This
was what was presented to the legislature by SEMA and others. The intent was
never to preserve the right of EVERY old car (no matter how mechanically
unsound) to be on the road.  My 1973 TR6 is far,far from a trailer queen,
but I insure it as a classic car, I keep it in good mechanical condition,
and drive it infrequently (for pleasure use). I suspect you use your TR3 in
much the same way.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6