RE: Update:California SB800 /SB1172

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Update:California SB800 /SB1172
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:42:02 -0700
Eric Conrad wrote :

> My hat's off to California for thinking about exempting 25 year and older
> cars.  Many of these vehicles older than 25 years were not meant to be
> subject to smog laws in the first place.

Eric :

Perhaps I should point out that California _already has_ an exemption for
all cars built before smog laws, and that they have never tested cars to
standards even as strict as those applied to them when new.

SB800 is, IMO, only intended to reduce objections to a companion bill, that
would have eliminated the current 30 year exemption for _all_ cars, not just
those defined as 'collector cars' in SB800 which are only those "used
primarily for purposes of display at events".

SB800 will probably fail, which is fine by me since I'll (hopefully) _never_
own a trailer queen !

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver