Re: TR6s vs. whatever

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6s vs. whatever
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:37:22 -0400
My '73 TR-6 is not really a '70's car but a '50's car.

While that's true, mechanically, others have said to me -- and I agree --
that the TR6 still looks like a modern car, more or less.  The same is not
true for the TR3, which evokes the same era as the pre-MGB's.  But don't get
me wrong -- I love TR3's.

The oil filler cap that has "Duckham"s" embossed on it tells a tale
> about a time when English cars were English, and so on.
>
> And let's face it, they're just plain fun to drive!

And I often regret that the British car industry -- such as it exists --
missed the boat on the rebirth of the roadster in the 80's.  Mazda sold
millions of Miatas before the other manufacturers even looked up from their
books.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6