Re: TR6s vs. whatever

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: TR6s vs. whatever
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:06:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 05:58 PM 5/15/01 -0400, Trevor Boicey wrote:

>As well, sadly, a lot of the Neons and minivans dusting
>us at stop signs are automatic transmission cars, so it
>isn't even something we can overcome with skill. If
>they can point their right foot and hang on, we see
>taillights.

But WHO CARES? They are still Neons and/or Minivans.

Our older cars won't win drag races, but which cars are more fun to drive?
No contest. Which cars catch the eyes of onlookers and get you waves and
thumbs up? No contest. Which cars look great 30 or more years after they
were designed and manufactured? No contest. When you drive by, people wish
they were you. That doesn't happen in a Neon or Mini Van (or a Prelude Dave
Massey ;-) ).

In their day, our TRiumphs were high performance vehicles, developed to the
state of the art in a time of emerging emission and safety standards.
Corvettes of the era are slugs by today's standards.

When you are in a funk and you need a lift, what works better than a top
down drive in your TR? Case closed.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58