RE: Late Late Night Frustrations!

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: RE: Late Late Night Frustrations!
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 07:43:56 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Kai,

I know it won't make you feel better...  but I have not had the
same experience.  Nor have other TR owners that I know of in the
Boston metro area.

I would look for a root cause that is eating the bearings.  Maybe
the clutch housing... is it a diaphragm or the earlier 3-finger
type.  Is the front cover smooth and letting the TOB bushing to
slide back. Or is the clutch actuating rod not adjusted with the
enough play.  Do you have a return spring on the clutch slave
assembly?

Just some thoughts.  I have a TR4A engine/gearbox setup in my car
and I still installed a return spring. The TOB is from TRF and is
on its third year with about 4500 miles as of this e-mail.

Good luck

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site