Re: 73 TR6 questions

To: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 questions
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:50:19 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "scott s."
>I'm not sure when it started or ended, but the 73s have the
seat belt interlock system installed.  Among other things
this necessitated a change in the dash layout.  The wiring for
this thing is not in the standard manuals.  I assume it is in
Dan Masters' book, but I've been too slow to get a copy of
that yet.
<

Scott, it was for the 1974 model year that the seat belt interlock was
mandated.  It was so well received (please note sarcasm) that it was
recinded the very next year.  If there are some 73's with the interlock is
was only a few (I'm not saying there weren't any, we know how the factory
would phase things in).  Odds are the 73 he is looking at did not.  But it
did incorporate most of the changes that distinguish the late models from
the early.  Only the rubber bumpers and the EGR valve are the only other
items that come to mind.

Dave