Re: 73 TR6 questions

To: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 questions
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com> (Unverified)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:30:48 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Scott,

Thanks for the info.  I looked at the car in question again yesterday and
discovered that particular car was not anything I would be interested in.  It
was
a classic case of looking good from the top, but really bad from the bottom.
The
car has been in SoCal the last 12 or 14 years, but prior to that it must have
been in the great salty northeast.  Painted-over rust abounded.  Also, that's
the
first time I have used a J-type OD; a little different from an A-type.  Like I
had been told, it was very similar to an automatic transmission shift.  Still
looking...

Also, this particular 73 either didn't have the seat belt interlock, or the PO
has bypassed it sometime in the past.  I see from the responses to your post
there is some controversy as to exactly when this feature was introduced.

Thanks,
Dennis