Advice on cylinder head

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Advice on cylinder head
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:04:45 -0500
Message text written by "Hugh Fader"
>I am considering shaving the head to increase the compression ratio to
~9.5:1. This should improve torque slightly at all rpm and give several %
HP. There has been some discussion about shorter pushrods or shims under
the
rocker arm pedestals. Is this an absolute necessity? Can anybody name a
supplier for these? Moss only has one pushrod listed.
<

Do it.  The additional cost is not that much at this point and you can
easily run on pump gas.  Shorter push rods may or may not be necessary
(they were for me) but if you need them British Parts Northwest carries
them in stock.

Cheers

Dave