Re: slipping clutch

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, "'jack williams'" <jackandangie@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: slipping clutch
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:31:04 -0500
I have had oil leak from the rear main bearing seal but it never got onto
the clutch lining.  It runs down the back of the block, protected by the
spinning flywheel and the oil can't get to the lining side.

I've also had oil leak from the seal for the input shaft on the front of the
gearbox.  This causes all kinds of oil to get spun around inside the bell
housing.  This can get on the lining.

Both will appear dripping out the bottom of the bellhousing.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A
Montreal, Canada

Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com> answered

jack williams [mailto:jackandangie@attbi.com] asked