RE: slipping clutch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: slipping clutch
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:45:17 -0500
Randall offerd:
> With the clutch pedal released, there should be no pressure in the system

Well, that's what I would've thought.  But I found consistently that the
system was pressurized, that releasing the nut would let the pressure out
(and I'd have to catch a drop or two of brake fluif with a rag as it drooled
down the master cylinder).

> (and the valve I mentioned before is what releases any pressure after the MC
>has
> returned all the way).

I don' know nuthin' 'bout no release valve.  Perhaps the TR MC is different
but the interior of the MC on the "little Triumphs" seems to have only one-
way-incoming valves.  Though I've rebuilt a few since then, I confess I've
never thought about it more closely since that episode, and that was a
decade ago at least.

What made me speak up was the original poster's observation that it happened
only after the car had warmed up.  This was exactly what mine did.

Just my two pence.
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
'80 Spitfire (Percy)