honesty

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: honesty
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:13:03 -0500
Cc: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I recently won a auction on e-bay from a fellow list member, things were not
good on my end with this purchase (wife was very), I am sending a cashiers
check for the total bid,  I contacted the runnerup and took a $10.00 loss on
the item, plus paid for the postage to him, now for 12 years I have been known
to this person, I have given parts away to so many people and received parts
from so many, I am not a stranger to anyone on these lists and when I asked
about shipment the list member said when your check has arrived I will mail
the package, no one at any time has a right to question the honesty/integrity
or good intentions not just of me but "ALL" list members, after losing money
on the deal and then be told you are not trust worthy only your money is,
thats out of bounds to me, if it were not for my check being a cashiers check
I know what I would have told this person. My very last word to this person
for any reason, hope to pass their car on the freeway, index finger-up as I
pass.  Am I off base here or not, again I am not a stranger to this person.
"FT"