Re: honesty

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: honesty
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 02 11:16:25 -0800
Cc: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>if it were not for my check being a cashiers check
>I know what I would have told this person. My very last word to this person
>for any reason, hope to pass their car on the freeway, index finger-up as I
>pass.  Am I off base here or not, again I am not a stranger to this person.
>"FT"

I will fess up to being the person Fred is ranting about.  His e-bay
purchase was one of about a dozen auctions I ran that concluded last
weekend.

It is standard e-bay practice not to ship an item until it is paid for.
In the auction item web page and in my first e-mail to Fred after the
conclusion of the auction I clearly stated the types of payment I could
accept and that the item would be shipped upon receipt of payment.  I
assumed he agreed to the terms I wrote on the e-bay item page prior to
bidding and that he was familiar with standard e-bay payment/shipping
processes.

I have not, in any way, treated Fred ANY differently than anyone else who
had top bid on an item I had on e-bay. This is an e-bay transaction and
not a Triumph list transaction. It is easier for me to handle the dozen
different e-bay sales the same way and in accordance with standard e-bay
practices.

I have not singled out Fred for any special treatment, positive or
negative and have never been less than courteous in my e-bay related
e-mail.

> I AM NEITHER A THIEF, A LIAR, OR A SCAM ARTIST, AND HOW DARE YOU AT
> ANYTIME TIME OR FOR ANY REASON QUESTION MY HONESTY OR INTEGRITY, IF
> A CASHIERS CHECK WAS NOT ALREADY ON THE WAY TO YOU, I WOULD TELL YOU
> WHAT TO DO WITH THOSE LIGHTS AND LOVE TO BE THE ONE INSERTING THEM,
> I AM NOT A STRANGER TO YOU, YOU LACK A LOT ABOUT YOURSELF,
> I JUST NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH.  "FT"

I have never stated nor intentionally implied any of the above about him.
 All this seems to have been triggered from a request for a tracking
number and by my reply stating that I'm awaiting receipt of his check
prior to shipping the item and would inquire about a tracking number when
the lamps shipped.

Fred had not, that I recall, specifically requested that the package be
shipped prior to my receiving payment.

> again I am not a stranger to this person

Previous to this e-bay auction my ONLY relationship with Fred has been
answering or commenting upon list related e-mails of his or he mine.
Other than recognizing his name on list e-mails I have no knowledge about
nor relationship with this person.

Fred, your reply both surprised and shocked me as I never remotely
intended imply any of the things you accuse me of.

I'm severely saddened about this whole episode.  But rest assured that
you have created a strong lasting impression.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937