Re: honesty

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: honesty
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:47:38 -0500
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Friendship and business often don't mix well.  Tis a sad thing, but tis
also true.  List members are no different then the rest of the human
race.

Since you've also got no reason to worry about this transaction, send
the money.  Tis also the e-bay way.

Then I'd suggest forgetting the whole thing.  No sense in carrying
around a chip on your shoulder, no matter how small.

Fwiw, I learned years ago to erase from memory any money I lend a
friend.  I mentally process "loan" as "gift".  It's spared me a lot of
heartburn.  If a friend doesn't pay it back, it's no big deal because it
was a gift as far as I was concerned.

>>> "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com> 03/08/02 12:13PM >>>
I recently won a auction on e-bay from a fellow list member...the list
member said when your check has arrived I will mail the package... Am I
off base here or not, again I am not a stranger to this person.