Fwd: Ignition(?) problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Ignition(?) problem
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:23:16 EST
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Full-name: Ct54531
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:22:12 EST
Subject: Re: Ignition(?) problem
To: jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net

In a message dated 3/11/02 7:39:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net writes:

> (So far, from reading these messages one could conclude that it might be (1)
>
> the condensor and points, (2) the gas tank, (3) the choke, (4) the gas
> line,
> (5) the thermistat, (6) the head gasket, (7) the carb diaphragm(s), or (8)
> the fuel pump.  I may have left something out.  The coil?  I may have
> fabricated something accidentally.  Is this list great!)

And therein lies the value (or one of) of this list. Even those
suggestions/possibilities that don't end up being THE one, are valuable and a
learning experience. In this case, it appears to be a problem with the line
leading from the pump to the carbs. The pump spews large amounts and but only
a little trickles out of the line into the (new) see-through filter installed
just before the carbs. I did take that line off and blow air through and it
seemed fine. But I'll install a new section of line there and see.
But more than anything, let me thank all who've offered their thoughts and
ideas on this. I normally try to respond and thank each contributor directly
off the list when I've posted a question or problem but there have been so
many this time I hope all will accept this acknowledgment and expression of
gratitude (and not just a little awe) for the help.

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L