RE: Ignition(?) problem

Subject: RE: Ignition(?) problem
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:31:08 -0800
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Ya gotta be fast!  The bowl may fill up whilst you are getting out of the
> car, opening up the bonnet and removing the three screws.
>
> If you have 1/4 tank (so that the fuel level is below the carbs) and you
> shift to neutral and switch off when the sputtering starts then I'll bet
> this technique will work.

Even then you may get a false reading, if the fuel pump is at the wrong
point in it's stroke.

A cheap "vacuum test gage" is only around $15 at the auto parts store, a
1/4" tee and length of fuel hose will only add a few $$ to that.  Tee into
the fuel line right at the carbs, then run the hose out from under the hood,
attach the gage and trap it under a windshield wiper.  (Obviously don't do
this in the rain <g>).  Now you can drive the car until the problem appears,
and check the fuel pressure in 'hard' real time.

Randall - Real time systems engineer <g>