Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bought A New Sports Car on the Dark Side
From: "Brian Sanborn" <brian.sanborn@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 11:13:59 -0500
Hi Guys,

Well, I did about the worst thing a Triumph guy could do.  I went
over to the dark side.  I bought a 2002 Miata LS in dark green
with tan leather interior and top. It has 23000 miles and 6
months warranty left.  The Miata has a 6-SPD gearbox and goes
like a bat out of hell.  I have ordered the hardtop kit and
tonneau cover from the dealer to make it a complete package for
driving and also as an investment.

The Miata is a modern Japanese MGB.  It's interesting how similar
the driving experience is to the TR4 or MGB.  Probably more like
a MGC or MGB with an engine conversion.  The latest Miata engine
is quite improved...  with the added variable valve timing it now
has good low-end torque and the high end really comes on in the
5000-6500 range

I need to make a decision about keeping my red 62 TR4.   I think
I will be selling it this spring to catch the increased LBC
activities that the warm weather brings.   Not enough room around
here for a Passat... a Miata... an F150 and a TR4.  The TR4 and
the considerable stash of spares that I've accumulated will more
than pay for the Miata and extra stuff.

Why I'm so sad... I have to develop a fancy webpage to sell the
TR4 and I can't get started.  I keep putting it off.  Oh well...
see you later.

Brian Sanborn
Groton, MA
62 TR4